Eaton’s B Line Division is currently seeking an Associate Product Line Manager. This position will be based out of Highland, IL.
The Associate Product Line Manager is responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives globally that support growth and profitability of pipe hangers and safety gratings products as directed by product line manager. These initiatives will include product innovation, commercial programs (focused on agents, distribution, contractors) operational & sourcing improvements, improved services & tools and cost savings initiatives through stage-gate projects. This role directly supports the sales team and manages pricing for the product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will proactively gather competitive and end market information and conduct market research to identify and define emerging new product and product adjacency opportunities.
- You will identify and quantify new business opportunities through VOC (Voice of Customer) including new product development, commercial programs, service programs, product rationalization, value engineering, marketing programs, and other initiatives to support the overall Product Line Roadmap.
- You will develop, maintain and update product documentation and sales tools in partnership with the sales and marketing communications team - includes: presentations, promotions, buying groups, sample kits, website and e-marketing, literature, video, cross references, and other marketing tools.
- You will develop and conduct product training programs across the business.
- You will assist in long-range and short-range planning and forecasting (SIOP).
- You will recommend and support vertical marketing, channel marketing, and customer loyalty initiatives.
- You will proactively develop and grow relationships across the organization including global sales, marketing, engineering and operations teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience at contractor, engineer, manufacturer, or distributor in communications & data end markets.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in engineering, sales, marketing, or customer service.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered.
- 3+ years industry experience at contractor, engineer, manufacturer, or distributor in communications & data end markets or preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering, sales, marketing, or customer service preferred.
- MBA preferred.
Position Success Criteria:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Aptitude and affinity for technical product details, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals and drawings.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, think analytically, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team, conduct presentations, and be flexible and organized.
- Action-oriented and proactive approach.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time