Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Plant Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
We are looking for a high energy, motivated individual to lead the Quality functional deployment. The primary responsibility of this position is to: Deploy the Strategic Quality Plan at the operational level in conjunction with the Regional Quality Director and provide overall quality leadership to the organization. Provide support in Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of the organization. This position also manages the Quality Assurance strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. Have fun and personal development, while providing leadership in executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with quality expectations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be a member of the plants leadership team, this highly motivated individual, works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the sites quality management system.
- You will be a driving force in ensuring a strong and committed culture of quality throughout the organization.
- You will develop and implement a Quality organizational structure (utilizing the OCA) capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the plant and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short and long range strategic business plans for the operation.
- You will provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback to the region – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- You will have fun, while learning, educating and deploying the tools
- You will provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities to insure compliance with the policies of the Eaton Quality System, TS 16949, and IATF
- You will participate as an equal member of the leadership team, all of whom are responsible for the advancement of the quality goals and objectives of the organization to insure the quality and effectiveness of the product and processes utilized in the plant. The end goal is complete customer satisfaction with product quality, delivery and responsiveness to issues with the objective of being proactive and preemptive.
- You will lead the initiatives of the operation in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the organization, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- You will oversee and/or lead the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- You will drive the deployment of the Eaton Quality System process for the organization including identification of improvement actions that result from the EQS assessment process.
- You will develop, gather and analyze key organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard and perform periodical reviews to evaluate trends and results and establish action plans to provide the necessary improvement at an operational level.
- You will develop and analyze statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- You will manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the quality function of the organization through the utilization of the OCA and APEX. This includes on- going coaching and feedback to ensure organizational goals are met.
- You will identify, design and/or implement quality assurance training programs for key personnel in conjunction with the Eaton Quality System to satisfy the needs of the organization.
- You will manage the budget of the quality organization.
- You will be responsible for Material Review Requests.
- You will participate on the Material Review Board as well as authority for Special Process MRR.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five 5 years’ experience in quality, manufacturing or engineering
- Minimum of two 2 years’ experience developing and leading strategic quality, manufacturing or engineering projects
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- A demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic planning and project management.
- Proven track record of leading and managing quality initiatives that have resulted in improved productivity and reducing cost of non-conformance in a manufacturing setting.
- Expertise with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, Organizational change management, Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO/TS 16949:2002, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication skills and leadership development ability
- Experience in managing a quality function and building organizational capability in that function
- Prefer Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification.
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Advanced technical knowledge in product design functions, manufacturing processes, inspection, metrology, metallurgy, statistical methods, and quality auditing.
- Master’s degree in engineering, industrial management, quality, or business from an accredited institution.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time