Senior Product Engineer-Driveline
Eaton’s Vehicle division is seeking a Senior Product Engineer-Driveline to join our team. The position will be based at our Marshall, MI (preferred); Southfield, MI; or Galesburg, MI facility. Travel to Marshall MI several times a week will be required if working from another site.
The Senior Product Engineer-Driveline is responsible for directing project activities through application of proficient technical knowledge and leadership competencies. The span of project responsibly include initial gathering of the voice of the customer performance requirements, product definition, product design, product development, manufacturing support and product launch. Also responsible for direct interface with customers, suppliers and Eaton facilities globally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide project leadership, mentoring, and training for new or junior-level employees on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc.
- You will guide reviews and reports on engineering metrics and/or test results through engineering reports and written correspondence to ensure timely and effective communication with supervisors and peers.
- You will understand design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, or specific development projects.
- You will support the implementation of design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques.
- You will provide guidance to engineering personnel throughout the division in a specific field of technology and makes presentations to internal and external customers on programs or products as required.
- You will participate in providing the creation, implementation and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to build and promote a team environment for product introduction, development and support activities.
- You will conceive and writes patent disclosures to substantiate patent applications and accumulates the necessary documentation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of product engineering or product design experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with DFSS.
- Experience managing design projects full life cycle, including VAVE and cost out.
- 4 years of continuous improvement, applications, product design/launch engineering, or manufacturing/plant support experience.
- 2 years of experience with powertrain, driveline, or torque (i.e. differentials) products.
- Experience working with Supply Chain.
- Component materials knowledge, including selection, processing, and part design.
Position Success Criteria:
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple programs, set priorities and achieve results.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time