Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Life Safety and Mass Notification Solutions Division located in Long Branch, NJ has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The OPEX Manager will partner with all other operations management to deliver NPI, cost reduction, process improvement and elimination of waste. This position will oversee and support the Manufacturing Engineering and Continuous Improvement functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will implement Operations Excellence (OPEX) structure to support strategic initiatives and short- and long-range business plan
- You will build ELSS culture by developing awareness and expertise of lean manufacturing concepts and tools at all levels to achieve or exceed High 5 targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost)
- You will drive Operational Assessment (OpA) validation activities improving score year over year
- You will deploy 5S and foster/expand 5S culture
- You will implement tools such as; visual factory, value stream mapping, standard work, work instructions and training best practices
- You will promote a culture of systematic problem solving (PDCA) to improve manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes
- You will drive employee engagement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices
- You will develop and report out metrics for verification of continuous improvement activities including cost out activities
- You will lead the OPEX team utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality, continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Knowledge and experience on a Business Excellence process / criteria – similar to the Malcolm Baldrige Award
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Certified in Lean manufacturing, Certified Quality Engineer / Manager, Six Sigma Black belt
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time