Indirect Tax Manager, Europe Middle East and Africa
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Indirect Tax Manager Europe, Middle East and Africa, you will support the Eaton companies in complying with the applicable indirect tax regulations in an optimal way to the EMEA region covering 141 countries and with more than $4,9 billion of 3rd party sales, $4,9B of IC sales and VAT liability of $3,3B. Indirect Tax planning & minimization will be an important part of your role.
You will play a key role in the strategic combination of process re-engineering and software automation
Your key deliverables:
- You will be responsible for the following initiatives:
- Transfer of VAT other Indirect Tax returns per ledger to the VAT Center of Excellence Pune on a continuous basis.
- Implementation of multi-year Indirect Tax Technology and Reporting i.e. SAF-T files, Global VAT Data Analytics, Document Retention Systems and Compliance and Reporting Systems within Eaton.
- Implementation and installation of VAT in countries which are adopting a VAT system - modelling what are the business impacts, understanding the IT systems and business processes that are affected by VAT as part of shaping the VAT implementation project.
- You will advise businesses on VAT issues and, in case of acquisitions, lead the implementation of processes and policies on the integration of newly acquired businesses.
- You will be responsible for maximizing the review of VAT processes from an ERP point of view and from a reporting/submitting point of view. You will work with Eaton businesses accounting and controllership teams to ensure that VAT is being recorded, accounted, and reported in a timely and correctly manner; driving corrective actions where necessary.
- You will perform internal VAT audits and lead the response to VAT Audit enquiries by Government Tax authorities.
- In close cooperation with the VAT Center of Excellence in Pune, you will develop written procedures, tools, metrics and dashboards to measure and drive world-class compliance,.
- You will lead the Roll-out and Implementation of Indirect Tax e-learning throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa.
What you bring:
- Relevant University education combined with a minimum of 10 years VAT related experience gained in a professional advisory firm, multi-national company or Tax Authority. Ideally, you bring as well a CPA or comparable qualification.
- You bring experience with various ERP systems and implementations.
- You are able to assimilate information from multiple sources, identify issues, develop solutions and implement them.
- You are known by your ability to work under pressure, you are a self-starter and are able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Your good interpersonal and communication skills allow you to build strong business relationships and your focus on continuous improvement helps you keep raising the bar.
- Ability and willingness to travel 60% of the working time.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time