Engineering Program Manager
- Work with a cross functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution and post-sales support including service packs and bug fixes
- Coordinates closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives
- Integrate business, marketing and technology elements to create a cohesive project vision and team charter.
- Coordinates with one or more scrum teams in a waterfall and Agile environment to maintain a project plan aligned with Eaton stage gate product development process
- Manages project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Document project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Participate in the development and use of project management procedures and guidelines at Eaton
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
- Manages new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in program management and leadership of project teams using a formal stage-gate product development process to manage electrical and mechanical product development and market introductions.
- Experience with project/program management tools such as MS Project and other PM tool box applications.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the work location will be considered
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams.
- Experience working with third party partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer.
- Must be capable of working effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global team members.
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices.
- Ability to achieve goals by coaching, mentoring and motivating
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time