Senior Product Engineer
Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for performing product design engineering for Eaton’s Low Voltage Industrial Circuit Breaker product lines. Primary focus is on developing innovative new products, and ensuring function, performance margin and design robustness of Molded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB) and Air Circuit Breaker (ACB) global products. Responsibilities include new product development, maintaining third party certifications, compliance with standards & functional requirements, supporting the resolution of product quality issues, performance enhancements to improve existing products, validating changes in design or manufacturing, validating cost reductions (VA/VE), and addressing customer application questions and issues. The position interfaces with the manufacturing teams, product line marketing and quality departments, and our internal and external customers in all geographical regions. The individual will develop knowledge of products and technology, and skills in design, simulation, testing, quality and analysis. The position will include leading engineering projects in cross-functional project teams from inception through validation and production implementation, as well as design ownership responsibility for assigned products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will compile, study and reconcile product requirements and standards, and perform team-based product design, development, validation and design documentation. Learn and participate in PROLaunch stage-gate new product development system.
You will enhance performance margin and drive product design robustness. Address third party testing non-conformances and implement design & specification improvements to prevent nonconformance which disrupt product sales and delivery
You will utilize statistical quality tools to establish performance baselines, and identify focus areas and targets or product performance enhancements and robustness improvements.
You will perform and leverage component & system level modelling / simulation activities and initiate changes into existing and component design. You will manage hyper scale data center projects to implement power system controls, factory & witness testing, and on-site commissioning with the support from other team members
You will build prototypes and models where necessary and perform relevant testing in lab facilities. Understand and comply with site specific electrical test lab equipment and procedures, including health, safety and security aspects.
You will participate in the development of production tooling and assembly fixtures to enable error-proof and cost effective production of circuit breakers
You will develop strong technical knowledge in circuit breaker design technology, testing and applications along with the governing standards and regulations (UL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, etc.).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in electromechanical component or systems design
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Moon Township, PA will be considered
- Experience with Six-Sigma quality tools
- General knowledge of product design for cost-effective manufacture, working knowledge of regulatory standards.
- Experience with engineering computer applications. Pro/Engineer Creo, and computer-based simulation modeling (static stress, thermal, kinematics/dynamics, tolerance, etc.).
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to travel up to 20% with potential of international travel as well
- Cross-functional teamwork and written & verbal communication skills. Fundamentals of project management.
- Methodical mechanical problem solver. Fundamentals of electricity.
- Understanding of product requirements and performance margins. System, product & component design.
- Basic laboratory and shop skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time