Senior Production Associate, Mission Critical, Shipping
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Senior Production Associate, Mission Critical, Shipping to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Senior Production Associate will provide shipping expertise and support in all areas of the Switchboard Team including, but not limited to, assembly, order batching, with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
· You will receive, support and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, shipping papers, bill of ladings, Vista, and AS400. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
· You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
· You will ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
· You will utilize computers to look up and print out job specific details. Compare information obtained on the computer to physical products.
· You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
· You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of (50mi) Sumter, SC will be considered
· Working knowledge of Lean concepts preferred.
· Computer literate preferred.
· Previous experience with cranes and fork lifts preferred.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No