Inside Sales Specialist
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is seeking an Inside Sales Specialist. The Inside Sales Specialist is based at our Syracuse, NY location.
As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist the sales representative on quotations to customers.
- You will receive incoming telephone calls regarding technical help, product application, where to find material, and standard terms and conditions pertaining to the sale of the products.
- You will evaluate all calls and develop sales leads for the outside sales representative.
- You will create a demand, by use of the telephone, for Eaton Crouse-Hinds Products with potential on accounts classified as: industrial, electrical contractor, constructor, architect/engineer and Government.
- You will maintain adequate records to control selling activities, and to insure proper care of all Eaton Crouse-Hinds property assigned.
- You will be familiar with competitor's products and prices, and continuously increase knowledge of Eaton Crouse-Hinds products and their application advantages to customer needs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year of customer interfacing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse
- Engineering degree or Business Administration degree with marketing emphasis from an accredited institution
- Quoting experience
- SAP experience
- Willingness to relocate
- Energy, passion and driven to succeed
- Effective customer interfacing skills
- Strong PC skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No