Senior Power Systems Controls Engineer
- You will program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- You will write and deploy complex power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control.
- You will be responsible for working with test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with PLC programming or with power automation projects
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Candidates must live within a 50 mile radius of the work location. No company sponsored relocation will be provided.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with PLC programming and experience interacting with the direct customer on a technical basis and managing and deployment of power automation projects
- Professional Engineering license
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and AutoCAD
- Knowledge and proficiency working with substation, SCADA, and industrial communication protocols including Modbus, Ethernet/IP, DNP3 and IEC 61850.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 networking and experience implementing industrial/OT type networks.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Codesys logic programming software with a preference to structured text language.
- Knowledge and proficiency of common substation IED’s, protection relays, metering, event recorders, time synchronization, etc across multiple vendors.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time