Senior Engineer - Electronics Design
EIIC has opening for Senior Engineer – Electronics Design within Aerospace. He/ she will be responsible to perform the design and development electronics hardware for aerospace controllers (LRU) conforming to required standards and to customer specific requirements for Aerospace hydraulic systems, fuel systems, actuation systems and motion control applications
Responsibilities of Senior Engineer will be:
• Contribute to the electronics controller hardware design and development for airborne applications
• Lead efforts to finalize controller architecture, electronics design, and its implementation.
• Contribute to complex circuit design and analysis/simulations using Pspice/LTspice/Matlab
• Plans regular design reviews and maintains action item tracker and risk log
• Lead the efforts to independently execute the testing & troubleshooting of controller
• Execute the project through entire product lifecycle as per ProLaunch process
• Continuously manages the expectations of internal and external customers.
• Provide work estimates and develop schedule in order to effectively manage time.
• Identifies competencies and personals needed to complete design and V&V tasks
• Works with customers (Internal and external) to define acceptable quality levels based on recognized quality standards.
• Mentor team members, assist them in technical and process areas.
• Ensure quality levels are met through tools such as Six Sigma, DFSS etc.
• Meets set target FPY and OTD on programs
• Aerospace SWEC Team targets on Balanced Score Card towards Growth, BOC and innovation
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Industrial Electronics/Electronics and Communication Engineering with 6+ Years
Desired: Master’s degree in Electronics/Industrial Electronics Engineering with 3 + years of experience
• 6+ Years’ experience in Hardware System design & development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing preferably in avionics domain.
• Should have experience in leading the project independently with team of 3-5 design engineers.
• Should have hands on experience with software development for 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers/ DSP/FPGA based systems with command on Assembly & C language
• Good working experience on analog and digital hardware design, circuit simulations using PSpice & LTspice tools.
• Knowledge on PCB and hands on experience on PCB layout design using Allegro PCB Editor
• Should be able to analyze the analog & digital Circuits for Functional, performing FMEA’s, Stress, Derating, Worst-case & Tolerance study using analysis tools like PSpice & LTspice.
• Should have experience in building prototypes in house or from external suppliers.
• Hands on experience on functional testing & debugging of any complex electronics hardware.
• Hands on experience in writing detailed test plan/procedures, Qualification test procedures.
• Hands on experience on various testing are for Conducted Emissions / Immunity, Radiated Emissions / Immunity and Environmental Testing.
• Good Knowledge of DO-160, DO178/DO254, IEC, SAE standards and Certification processes
• Hands on with test Equipments like CRO, Function Generator, Spectrum Analyzer and Logic Analyzer.
• Experience on Communication protocols – RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Aerospace – Arinc429, Arinc825, CAN tools
• Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Technical documentation and Requirement management Knowledge and awareness of product design life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI) and configuration management.
• Experience with hardware / software integration at product and system level
• Knowledge of software design methods, software development
• Good knowledge on electronics controller product lifecycle management within Aerospace
• Good knowledge of electronics components and its obsolescence management
• Good working experience on simulations using Pspice,Matlab and Simulink
• Software development ,Software Verification Validation in compliance with DO178 /DO254
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time