Work closely with Manufacturing and Quality, coupled with problem solving responsibilities.
Ensure all company policies are adhered to.
Work within health and safety guidelines and adhere to the lean manufacturing, 5’s and environmental procedures.
This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering based projects.
• Interpret component drawings supplied as hard copy or computer generated images
• Work with 2D manufacturing software (CAD/ CAM) to create tool machine cutting programmes
• Create most cost effective manufacturing route
• Select optimum cutting speeds and feeds and correct tools for each stage of manufacture
• Produce components in line with customer requirements
• Checking the component dimensions using a range of measuring equipment to include digital micrometres, height gauges, verniers and in process gauging
• Conduct basic routine machine maintenance checks.
• Flexible in approach, willingness to learn and adapt
• Flexible in approach, prepared to work extra hours to achieve task
• Basic numeracy & literacy skills
• Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
• Positive personality
• Electronic component knowledge
• Knowledge of SAP business system
• Ability to manually handle safely
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No