Maintenance Planner- 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Maintenance Planner to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee,WI facility.
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the overall asset management, work planning, and spare part inventory utilizing a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). This position also implements standard workflow for work requests, preventive/predictive maintenance programs, project requests, and inspections to enable high asset reliability and availability.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support all maintenance work orders by analyzing basic job steps, determining their relative sequence, and identifying parts, materials, special tools, safety requirements, heavy equipment, and skills required for each step.
- You will support all Predictive, Preventive, and Condition Based Maintenance, in conjunction with the production schedules and resource (mechanic, operators, parts, equipment, contractors) availability.
- You will participate in supporting, planning / scheduling meetings with plant team to determine short and long term priorities. Schedule maintenance activities to ensure the priorities are satisfied.
- You will distribute daily maintenance work and maintain an appropriate backlog of effectively planned work ready for scheduling based on plant priorities.
- You will manage (define, order, receive and resolve transactional errors) inventory of spare parts, supplies and materials required for effective maintenance and improvement of the facility and equipment.
- You will ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability and maintenance department performance.
- You will drive continuous improvement projects related to maintenance as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience effectively planning and coordinating maintenance activities.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Associates Degree from accredited technical institution.
- Exposure to TPM, maintenance planning techniques and maintenance execution.
- High level of competence with SAP CMMS.
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Excellent computer, communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Self-directed and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Must be willing to work overtime and across shifts, including weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time