Industrial Electrician-1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Industrial Electrician -1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Industrial Electrician performs industrial manufacturing electrical and service work to include layout, relocation, installation, maintenance and repair of power distribution service systems, substation systems, electrical systems, industrial machinery, electronic equipment and logic based control systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will install, test, maintain, support, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices, PLC/industrial instrumentation devices and associated systems.
- You will determine proper fuse, overload, and wiring sizes as specified by the current electric code rules.
- You will read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment. Initiate revisions when applicable.
- You will support and diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- You will test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- You will perform preventative maintenance of electrical systems, equipment and components.
- You will perform and support simple mechanical maintenance activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Journeymen Electrician (State of WI card) with a minimum of three (3) years industrial focus
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered.
- Knowledge in PLC, circuitry and programing
- Military electrical experience or equivalent
- Firm knowledge of electrical code
- Must be willing to work overtime and across shifts, including weekends
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No