Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Systems Specialist. This position will be based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Systems Specialist is responsible for communicating with contractors, end users, and sales agents in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, or commission lighting control systems & components, while maintaining detailed call logs and online knowledge base.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide expert technical product knowledge internally & externally to support problem resolution.
- You will effectively guide installers and operators through lighting panel programming sequences.
- You will troubleshoot & identify installation and product defects in various components of lighting control systems.
- You will maintain phone service level metrics - % handled, handle time, hold time.
- You will review BOM’s to determine correct replacement components required for resolution.
- You will escalate problems to Field Service or Engineering for further resolution.
- You will perform hands on mock-ups of product configuration to identify root cause.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Regular (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer facing role.
- Minimum 1 year experience in electrical or electronic products.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 miles radius of Peachtree City will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Previous networking/ IT experience.
- 2 years of experience in a customer service/ customer facing role.
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting products and control systems.
- Team player showing self-motivation, requiring minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time