Commodity Manager- Non-Ferrous Castings
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establishes and leads supply chain teams in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s regional buy, generate cost-outcome results, right size the supply base and improve quality and service performance.
- Manages commodities/supplier relationships and opportunities for cost out and product/supplier improvement, while ensuring production, delivery and capacity requirements for all assigned commodity groups.
- Applies skillful negotiations with internal customers and external suppliers; conducts problem resolution and settles disputes; develops win-win solutions, and creates positive relations with tact and expert judgment.
- Possesses expert knowledge in the applications of purchasing processes and SCM tools necessary for continued purchasing process improvements and team support. Understands key cost drivers and leverages gaps to facilitate roadmaps for cost out.
- Manages all assigned current production supplier contacts, business relationships and commercial responsibilities for assigned commodity base.
- Develops and helps facilitate cost out projects and commodity strategic actions, while managing supplier requirements and new part requirements for commodity area.
- Works with global commodity lead to leverage full scope of Eaton and applies that in generating regional commodity strategy
- Possesses sound knowledge and applications skills of supply chain processes; also demonstrates strong ability to analyze issues, work with cross-function teams and implement/communicate innovative resolutions.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high-performance cross-functional teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years supply chain experience in a manufacturing organization
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Galesburg.
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management abilities and willingness to take initiative and drive results
- Proven capability in cost modeling / gap creation
- Proven track record of success in supplier negotiations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time