Test Technician- 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Test Technician-1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read, interpret, and follow advanced schematics, manufacturing drawings, and bills of material
- You will support and prepare Variable Frequency Drive for test and inspections in accordance with procedures and test specifications.
- You will perform and support mechanical inspection and insulation tests as required
- You will perform electrical sequence tests as required. Check out inter-related electrical circuits and metering circuits.
- You will inspect cells, panels and components for appearance, omissions, damage, and electro-mechanical malfunction
- You will troubleshoot malfunctions and perform basic root cause analysis on VFD under test and report findings to the supervisor, engineering, etc
- You will check all components listed on customer orders to ensure orders are complete prior to packaging and shipment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum of one year work or education experience with low voltage electricity.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Watertown, WI will be considered
- Associates Degree in Electronics or another technical discipline
- Functional knowledge of digital and analog circuitry
- Understanding of ladder logic
- Experience using 480 volt 3-phase power
- Previous plumbing or HVAC experience
- Previous programming experience
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
Position Success Criteria:
- Must have basic reading, and writing skills.
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must have solid time and change management skills to meet production demands
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision making skills to ensure quality work.
- Ability to regularly communicate and work with a team where the purpose of contact is to provide and/or receive information, explanation, or interpretation of information.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates learning agility and the ability to understand and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions including advanced schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, tests and repair techniques
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, nights, or weekends as needed. Could occasionally be requested to flex work schedule.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time