Senior Electrical Design Drafter
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Drafter to join our team. This position is based at our Milton, Ontario facility.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
The Senior Electrical Design Drafter is responsible for preparing electrical drawings including, but not limited to, single-line/three-line, schematic, elementary/connection wiring diagrams, plan and elevation layouts, cable schedules and bill of materials for complex design projects; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge. You will work closely with CAD technology, drafting and electrical principals.
- You will work closely with Eaton Power Systems Engineers
- You will need to be able to work independently with minimum need for supervision
- You will perform other related duties as required
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- Electrical Engineering or Technology Diploma or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of drafting or design experience
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 80km of Milton, Ontario will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the electrical distribution industry in the area of control, low voltage, medium voltage and high voltage power systems.
- Experience with MV and LV switchgear, knowledge of applicable code requirement and design practices.
- Experience in the use of SKM PTW, ETAP, EDSA, CYME, or EasyPower software will be a plus.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- This position requires an outstanding working knowledge of CAD technology, drafting skills and understanding of electrical principals.
- Prepare electrical drawings including, but not limited to, single-line/three-line, schematic, elementary/connection wiring diagrams, plan and elevation layouts, cable schedules and bill of materials for complex design projects; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time