Customer Support Representative - Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Customer Support Representative – Preventative Maintenance Coordinator to join our team. This position can be based at our Chicago, IL (Glendale Heights, IL) or Raleigh, NC facility.
At Eaton, our representatives deliver solutions to some of our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements. We are looking for people who brings a passion for customer service! Let’s talk about your future with Eaton!
Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Division designs Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic based products to ensure reliability in the most demanding applications. UPS systems condition power to protect against power quality hazards, as well as provide continuous backup power during outages. Like an automobile, UPS systems require preventative maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
The Customer Support Representative is responsible for proactively managing the “Preventative Maintenance” backlog. In this role, you will manage the backlog by interfacing with customers and Customer Support Engineers, scheduling preventative maintenance tickets, and resolving outstanding issues. This position will leverage geographic efficiency with the local customers (internal/external) and maintain continuous and effective communication with the Customer Relations Center and single-phase operations support. This position supports a 24/7 operation. This position will effectively communicate with outside and inside sales, Area Managers and Customer Support Engineer to ensure effective service occurs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review the “Preventative Maintenance” backlog and exercise proactive planning based on system-generated future “Autogen” PMs.
- You will schedule PM tickets for Customer Service Engineers to maximize Customer Service Engineers’ time and efficiency by maintaining and managing the Attack Zone tickets, contacting customers for scheduling of PMs and documenting the efforts per the PM scheduling process.
- You will maintain and update the Gantt scheduling board on a continuous basis with accurate information so that all internal parties (Customer Support Engineers, Customer Relations Center, managers, etc.) have a clear snapshot of the daily activity.
- You will maintain the preventative maintenance list and updates all critical customer information that is stored in Oracle by assisting in updating and correcting contract info: contracts generating Battery PM tickets on Non Battery Serial #, correcting serial numbers, and address updates.
- You will identify, investigate, resolve, and close problem tickets or duplicate tickets by conducting due diligence process with unresponsive customers to ensure closings.
- You will keep zone Scheduling and Dispatch Customer Service Representatives in the Customer Response Center up-to-date on the scheduling of preventative maintenance tickets.
- You will work with area managers and inside sales to create tickets where the system does not automatically generate tickets.
- You will ensure that the Field Service organization is meeting customer’s contractual obligations for service.
- You will provide 1-800 line coverage and weekend phone coverage as required on a rotational basis.
- You will assist in the management of special accounts as required.
- You will perform other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a high volume technical call center
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the following Eaton locations: Glendale Heights, IL or Raleigh, NC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a high volume technical call center
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to maximize business results and positive customer experiences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders.
- Ability to use independent judgment as it relates to planning, prioritizing, and organizing the diversified workload.
- Ability to demonstrate administrative skills including proficiency with Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete requests and assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time