Electrical Controls Engineer
- You will troubleshoot activities on malfunctioning production machinery, equipment and software. Must be capable of effectively solving problems in the manufacturing environment while abiding by all applicable safety regulations and polices.
- You will examine legacy applications and make recommendations for how to upgrade or replace the hardware and/or software in order to ensure long term sustainability.
- You will perform upgrades to legacy software in order to support new hardware, changes in third party software or Eaton mandated software changes.
- You will work with manufacturing engineers to develop and evaluate capital appropriation requests (CAR's) for new products, processes, programs and initiatives.
- You will coordinate with local engineering resources and outside vendors to develop functional specifications for new manufacturing machinery and software purchases.
- You will handle the commissioning of new manufacturing machinery and software including installation, debugging, validation testing and communication of changes.
- You will be capable of spearheading cross functional root cause and failure analysis teams. Applies critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork skills to resolve issues and prevent them from reoccurring.
You will play a role in assessment processes within the manufacturing environment. May act as a category lead during an assessment process
You will develop and review test equipment specifications and compliance. Testing types includes but not limited to AC/DC dielectric withstand test, TCC timing test, partial discharge test, and system/sub-system level functional test.
You will develop, implement, and document production test processes and methods.
You will conduct electrical safety process improvement activities and equipment risk reduction projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience in designing and deploying various PLC hardware and software – RSLogix5, 500 &5000, Semins Step 7, Allen-Bradley HMI systems, VB.Net and C#
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- National Instruments hardware (DIO, DAQ, GPIB, PXI) and software (LabView, TestStand)
- LabView certification is a plus
- Experience in NFPA70E and OSHA Regulations in Electrical Safety (Arc Flash, LOTO, Approach Boundaries, PPE selection and testing)
- Six Sigma or/and Lean Manufacturing (Yellow, Green or Black Belt certified)
- Experience in reading, marking up and updating blue prints, wiring diagrams and electrical schematics and one line drawings
- Medium and High voltage and high current testing
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot AB and Siemens based PLC control systems.
- Experience with National Instruments LabView and PC based I\O systems
- Ability to troubleshoot program and system issues
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with other functional areas including: Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Purchasing and Inventory Control and Production Scheduling Proficiency in various programing languages - VB6, VB.Net, C#, SQL, Ladder Logic
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only