Plant Manager- Ahmednagar
We are looking forward to a Plant Manager in Eaton’s vehicle business, based in Ahmednagar, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
- Provides strategic leadership, driving superior operational and financial results and demonstrating a leadership style that perpetuates the Eaton Values and Philosophy and Code of Ethics.
- Executes the annual profit plan and ensures that plant meets financial and operating objectives.
- Aligns functions to best support facility and product lines, ensuring empowerment and functionality across all entities; preserves synergies across groups and facilitates appropriate talent alignment and development, knowledge retention and sharing of best practices.
- Drives accountability for performance by maintaining prompt and accurate reporting systems on all aspects of plant operations including supply chain management, inventory, labor, and production, shipping and receiving.
- Partners with Product Management and Engineering for the India Business Unit in developing new products and bringing them to market.
- Continuously improves the operations through alignment with the Eaton Business System (EBS) with a strong focus on driving a Lean Culture.
- Drives a proactive focus on Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), fostering and developing a zero incident culture.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key suppliers (internal and external) to ensure high quality supplier relationships.
- Ensures that the organization is highly responsive to customer issues by maintaining high on-time delivery (OTD) and drives for zero defects in terms of manufacturing workmanship and product quality.
- Drives effective communications across diverse business groups and employee populations.
- Lead and develop a culture that fosters employee engagement and accountability, ownership of customer solutions and a passion for exceeding customer and employee expectations. This position is Eaton's representative to the local community and government and must hold the highest ethical standards.
- Champions compliance with federal and state regulations and Eaton policies and procedures. The Plant Manager will lead and develop a culture that fosters employee engagement and accountability, ownership of customer solutions and a passion for exceeding customer and employee expectations.
- Drives organizational capability through superior talent management.
Core objects that are expected:
- OTP to profit plan targets
- Support Growth, profitability and Customer satisfaction
- Drive continuous CONC reductions year over year
- Manufacturing profit meeting or exceeding profit plan
- Drive DOH to profit plan targets
- Material cost out as per Profit plan
- Meet/exceed all assessment objectives (EQS, EBEA etc.)
- Meet TRCR and DACR and other EHS objectives
- Talent development
If you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with Business Administration or Industrial Management Post Graduate degree preferred. Minimum of 15 years’ experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in manufacturing and /or variety of related support functions with prior plant management experience.
- Well-honed knowledge of current technologies in manufacturing engineering (assembly, machining and grinding ), materials management/inventory control, distribution and logistics, quality assurance systems processes and practices. Financial and business acumen; prior profit and loss responsibility preferred.
- Proven record of successfully managing manufacturing process / product and customer / channel complexity and diversity in facilities with gross output of at least $25M.
- Track record of successful leadership, performance results, organizational development, excellence in communication and employee engagement and relentless operational improvement.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Eaton Business System and process tools such as profit planning, strategic planning, Organizational Capability Assessment, ProLaunch, Lean System/Six Sigma, Eaton Quality System, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) processes (MESH, ISO 14001, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time