- You will develop and supervise the execution of facilities’ preventive and corrective maintenance plans to ensure optimal performance keeping direct communication with the EHS Manager and management staff for all changes that affects safety, product quality and / or operating conditions of the plant.
- You will plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures related to facilities maintenance to drive improvements, minimizing operating costs and reducing environmental impact.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of equipment installation, administration of electrical, pneumatic and thermal power distribution at the facility and manage all activities related to building maintenance and housekeeping assuring high standards.
- You will be responsible for managing facilities risk assessments such as FM Global, ensuring the all critical elements and gaps are closed on a timely manner.
- You will schedule, assign priority, and follow up all work done by employees to assure use of safe work practices and completion of assignment on schedule with a minimum interruption of production.
- You will plan estimate costs and oversee physical moves or rearrangement of machinery and equipment according to prepared plant layouts and oversee relocation of or additions to plant services. Work closely with methods and plant layout personnel to provide consultative services in the preparation of plant layouts.
- You will determine jobs to be done by outside contractors, obtain and review bids to determine successful bidder. Oversee progress of work and check completed contracted jobs to ensure quality and conformance with specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience is required.
- 10 years of experience in quality in a technical field working with machine repair and general building maintenance.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical engineering from an accredited school.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Formal training/certification in Lean tools and 6 Sigma.
- Comfortable spending the majority of the time in the factory environment.
- Capable of being self-managed, prioritizing work and often formulating deadlines for activities and projects. Good communication skills. Position interacts with all levels in the organization from factory employees to legal, to corporate executives. In addition, position will interact with external parties including government officials as required.
- Maintain spare parts and material stock to facilitate maintenance work. May recommend purchases of equipment and materials needed to operate department effectively. May consult with vendors to keep informed of improvements in material and equipment.
- Participate in the activities related to the facility’s energy or environmental programs to ensure compliance with government rules and regulation, such as energy conservation and hazardous waste handling, storage and disposal.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time