The principle role of the Buyer is to support business SCM in the procurement operations. This position is responsible for executing procurement-to-pay processes for assigned Aerospace facilities. This person will deliver a high quality of customer service with an ongoing bias for continuous improvement. The procure- to-pay process work stream will include supplier and part set up, purchase order management, supplier scheduling, planning and action message reports and finally payment process management. The role will require individual to be familiar with a complete range of procurement functions. This includes understanding materials purchased, negotiations with suppliers and the ongoing management of supplier relationships. This person will be experienced and be able to manage in all government compliance and ITAR and EAR classifications. This is a single site role with assignment to remote plant location.
1. RFQ Management – Request RFQ’s to suppliers, and depth analysis of RFQ’s, recommendation to commodity managers / plants on the RFQ / suppliers.
2. Negotiation – Should have experience in negotiation with suppliers as it relates to PO placement and PO management.
3. PO Management – Expediting, de-expediting and cancel as well as past due and PO acknowledgement.
4. Requisition to PO Creation – Discrete PO order placement and PO justification as per government and internal controls.
5. Invoice on Hold – Able to understand the issues of Invoices on hold and the resolution ensuring the payment is done.
6. Supplier Management – Worked on supplier addition / modification in the system.
7. Report Management – Should have good experience on different report generation and analysis for these reports.
Qualifications• Bachelors with 1-3 years of experience in SCM processes
• Strong Knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Need to have working Knowledge of any ERP.
• English and Spanish language fluency (writing, reading and speaking)
• Good communication skills to work with teams remotely
• Quick response to deadlines and priorities
• Hands on experience in purchasing functions
• Ability and willingness to objectively handle tactical complex high-level operational challenges.
Candidate must be:
• Self-directing and self-motivating
• An individual with a strong sense of urgency
• An individual with a strong customer focus
• Accurate working with data analysis
• Hands-on to work with multiple tasks
• Must have handled complex situations and suppliers.
• Should be ready to lead any projects.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER HQ SLS
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time