Area Sales Manager
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking an Area Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Edmonton, CA service facility.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all sales efforts at assigned distributor locations to achieve maximum Crouse-Hinds product sales penetration, while maintaining a professional relationship with each distributor and customer.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. that present an opportunity for hazardous and non-hazardous fittings, enclosures, apparatus and industrial motor controls, signals and alarms, industrial lighting and plugs and receptacles sales.
- You will propose solutions to customer needs, coordinate division resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and division goals and objectives.
- You will communicate effectively with distributors and customers on new or revised Crouse-Hinds division marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance metrics.
- You will coordinate and implement, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
- You will recommend (to Crouse-Hinds division marketing and pricing department) price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs.
- You will coordinate special marketing or growth program sales efforts as requested and develop and coordinates focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration.
- You will maintain and update product forecast utilizing distributor and customer input and personal judgment. Prepare and submit routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, GAP Analysis, TOP, and other sales oriented documents to the VP Sales, Canada upon request.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years of industrial product sales experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a sales team.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
- No relocation benefits are being offered for this position. Only candidates that reside within the immediate geographical area of Edmonton, CA will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Technical Sales from an accredited institution.
- Experience selling into electrical or heavy industrial markets.
- 10 years of related sales experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a sales team.
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding quotas and sales targets.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Strong leadership skills, with track record of growing sales reps into managers.
- Organized, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional listening skills and self-motivation are essential.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time