Commercial Marketing Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking a Commercial Marketing Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Edmonton Canada facility.
The Commercial Marketing Manager is responsible for providing customer and field support service, training, distribution support. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of marketing communications, pricing tools, sales aids, catalogue data and product development processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the development, maintenance and utilization of price tools and the price authorization processes for the assigned product line, in conjunction with CHAMPS Project Sales Manager.
- You will lead the development and implementation of sales and price analytics tools and processes for the assigned product line, while providing ad hoc analysis when required.
- You will evaluate market trends and results and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- You will develop, maintain and implement product training, support programs and sales tools for the selling organization and channel as they apply to the product lines.
- You will drive promotional activity through MARCOM to sales and channel to meet overall objectives.
- You will work with MARCOM to review and evaluate current programs, current and future trade show events and possible advertising opportunities.
- You will provide sales and channel with sales catalogue data, sales aids and pricing tools.
- You will work collaboratively with other Eaton product lines to ensure the needs of the Canadian marketplace are met for both delivery and design requirements.
- You will understand competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and work with the Product Line Manager to develop marketing plans that will increase Eaton's market share.
- You will develop Canadian product specifications for the continued advancement of the responsible product lines.
- You will review incoming order papers for correct coding, placement on the appropriate plant, and to provide feedback on price levels.
- You will maintain Canadian Bidman lead times for Power Distribution and Control Assembly (PDCA) and Commercial Distribution Product and Assembly(CDPA) busway products.
- You will support the CHAMPS Product Specialists, Application Engineers, and field sales for configuration and application of custom Edmonton Power Centre manufactured assemblies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Minimum 2 year college technical diploma in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and/or marketing experience within the electrical industry
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 80 km of the Edmonton Canada location.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- P. Eng., CET or C. Tech designation
- Experience as a Product Manager, Product Engineer or Product Specialist preferred
- Understanding of industry standards (IEEE/ANSI, CSA)
- Competency in MS-Office and bid management software
- Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a fast paced team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with well-developed presentation skills
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time