- You will work on development of test plans and procedures with product engineers to define test programs to ensure procedural clarity, accuracy, safety, and maintain standardization.
- You will serve as the primary point of contact (POC) and supporting test execution liaison for off-site engineering project leads to execute development and qualification programs at the Jackson, MI test lab.
- You will collaborate with new product development Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to enable flawless execution of test programs.
- You will plan, prepare and lead Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) with IPTs in support of flawless test execution.
- You will facilitate lab capability reviews in comparison to product development program needs.
You will support product failure analysis investigations including new product development as well as current product which may be initiated out of the continuous improvement teams, customer returns, supply chain issues, etc.
You will support quotation of test programs in support of bid and proposal efforts for new projects; support growth of additional test lab capability locally as well as in India.
You will manage logistics of test hardware following build for inspection, rework, and data collection; manage test schedules; provide test program status updates to engineering leads and program managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Engineering program from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than December 2018
- Minimum of 1 year of Engineering/Test Lab experience (includes internships and/or co-op)
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- Product Engineering experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time