- Helps develop and implement the Site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, Defines actions, and Coordinates cross-functional teams.
- Assists in providing Site Lean Trainings, supporting and mentoring Kaizen teams, Facilitate Tool Deployment and Support to all departments to drive improvements across the site.
- Utilizes lean tools to eliminate waste, driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Key member of the site Continuous Improvement Council, supports and deploy corporate CI initiatives, strategies and reporting.
- Assists in improvement projects and deploy strategies to eliminate waste, gather knowledge through benchmarking, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Value Stream
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles, CA will be considered.
- Formal training/certification in Lean tools ( 5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow( LMF) and 6 Sigma with at least 5 years of related experience.
- Experience in implementing Lean in Low volume High mix type product environment
- Operations or Product Engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Power Point, Visio, Minitab ( or any Statistical software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Experience in the use of CAD, CATIA, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience leading and deploying the following tools: VS Mapping, 5S, Standardization of work, and other Lean tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time