Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Manager, Sustainability to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Eaton’s vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Our Manager, Sustainability will provide support for the design and governance of enterprise-wide processes, systems, tools and initiatives to embed sustainability into Eaton’s value chain.
“Making what matters work” at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in the development of strategy, action plans and policy, and the support thereof, in cooperation with other Eaton functions for key sustainability topics
- You will assist in the creation and management of governance structures for sustainability performance
- You will participate in the integration of environmental and social issues into Eaton’s product development processes, and tracking of sustainability attributes in the company’s existing product portfolio
- You will leverage external groups to guide our strategy on handprinting and develop a methodology to quantify lives improved by Eaton’s products
- You will work with Eaton’s communications team and others to develop and publish sustainability-related reporting, as well as responding to investor and customer surveys and other disclosures as needed
- You will drive initiatives and communications to engage Eaton employees in sustainability
- You will lead communication campaigns to increase visibility of our sustainability efforts and build partnership with critical external stakeholders
- You will provide expertise in sustainability-related issues, ratings, rankings, reporting schemes, initiatives, trends and norms, as well as specific knowledge on environmental and social issues related to diversified industrial manufacturing entities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in Sustainability
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of the facility.
- A Master’s degree in Sustainability from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in Corporate Sustainability
- Understanding of life cycle and handprinting concepts
- Knowledge of, and skill in protocols and standards such as GHG Protocol Scope 3 emissions and GRI Standards
- Knowledge of sustainability trends and best practices in the areas of governance, reporting, employee engagement, and footprint reduction
- Skill in using advanced functions of spreadsheets and presentation software
- Ability to drive change by negotiating and influencing
- Ability to identify future trends
- Ability to build relationships across business lines and functional groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and build internal networks
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time