Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA facility.
This position will be responsible for driving supplier improvement in the areas of Quality, Delivery and Lean Manufacturing initiatives. The improvements must be consistent with Eaton Aerospace requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will oversee and participate in the development and initiation of inspection, testing and evaluation techniques for incoming goodss
- You will evaluate inspection techniques and recommend changes.
- You will work with Production, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and other departments to define quality standards and procedures.
- You will reviews and analyze inspection test results and oversee the disposition of unaccepted items with - affected suppliers and companies.
- You will analyze supplier performance both in-house on supplier premises as required.
- You will apply standard statistical techniques to analyze and evaluate studies.
- You will team with suppliers to define and document Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, AIAG Process Control Plans and Inspection plans
- You will negotiate with suppliers to find equitable solutions to problems identified.
- You will visit supplier locations to evaluate quality standards and processes.
- You will answer technical questions regarding commodity quality, long-term feasibility or quality certifications.
- You will oversee and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality system surveys.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years Quality Engineering experience working with quality systems.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Irvine, CA plant will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Significant experience with Supplier Performance Management, Supplier Correction Actions and Nonconforming Material Dispositions, MRB.
- Experience with Dock-to-Stock and Skip-lot Programs
- Experience with Supplier Improvement Programs, Supplier Quality Plans
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally to supplier sites.
- Position requires interaction with suppliers, customers, and internal personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Aerospace suppliers.
- Experience with complex machining and casting suppliers
- Experience with Special processes suppliers (Heat Treating, Plating, Painting).
- Familiar with major Aerospace primes Quality System, as well as working knowledge of AS9100. Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time