Supply Chain Manager
- Manages and directs supply chain personnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels.
- Expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
- Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Ensures correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Ensures quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
- Devises and manages physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering.
Minimum 7 years of related professional and supervisory/managerial experience.
Minimum 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations,shipping/receiving.
Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and practices, including procedures associated with sourcing internationally.
Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
Demonstrated procurement activity of, but not limited to, the following: Tools, Equipment, Machines, Castings, Forgings, Bearings, Complex machine parts including a variety of gears and major sub-assemblies.
Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, which include geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time