Operational Excellence Manager
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking an Operational Excellence Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Operational Excellence Manager will provide engineering management and continuous improvement leadership for the Syracuse, Crouse-Hinds manufacturing facility. Additionally, this position is responsible for driving the execution and deployment of robust manufacturing processes and continuous improvement/manufacturing efficiency initiatives across the organization.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement
- Supervise and manage department activities, establish priorities within the scope of the group’s responsibility, and conduct regular reviews of group projects and activities to ensure delivery of profit plan objectives and business commitments
- Build organizational capability by conducting regular performance evaluations for direct reports and contributing to performance reviews of functional reports
- Facilitate career discussions with subordinates and creates appropriate development plans to ensure continuous growth of talent and capability within the organization.
- Guide the site continuous improvement team, and corporate Lean initiatives
- Lead initiatives to evaluate and provide competitive assessment and industry trends through business intelligence gathering activities. Remain knowledgeable and informed regarding state-of-the-art technology and transfers this into tangible contributions.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations, and communicates this information to leadership, customers, partners, etc., in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide input to profit plan to define project and program deliverables and accurately assess timelines, and resources to accomplish these objectives. Track progress on a regular basis to enable monthly reporting of variance to plan.
- Interface with product planning and other business functions to ensure customer requests and requirements are captured in the strategic planning and portfolio management processes. Contribute to strategic direction and advancement of current product technology and development of new technology and product feature sets, to drive value propositions that command a premium for the associated products.
- Lead and coordinate engineering projects and programs with external partners, suppliers, and customers to develop mechanical components, mechatronic subsystems, and system level solutions to meet customer requirements for automated transmission systems.
- Drive the use of tools such as 8D, FTA, DFMEA, and Six Sigma design techniques to ensure development of robust design specifications, design guidelines, model and drawing detailing, and design validation plans that produce reliable and sound design solutions.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Framework, Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- Partner with global product teams, Eaton Centers of Excellence (CoE), industry consultants, and contractors to execute on warranty reduction, reliability improvement, and new product development programs.
- Conduct Eaton Lean System (ELSS) assessments, and identify performance gaps. Work through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention
- Drive complete employee engagement and enhancement of problem solving knowledge at all levels
- 5 years of related engineering experience
- Experience managing people.
- Strong understanding and application with all LEAN tools.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Project scope and priority changes and flexibility to adapt.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Understands the needs of other functional areas and provides cooperation to benefit overall engineering and business goals.
- Builds and leverages key relationship across various business units/function.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- 3+ years engineering management and leadership experience with proven track record.
- Experience in multiple business functions.
- Minimum 5 years of Manufacturing experience utilizing Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Experience in a unionized setting.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified.
An undergraduate degree is required. An Master’s Degree is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time