- You will review and interpret drawings.
- You will check parts picked/delivered to parts required. Resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- You will install steel components and modify as necessary as well as installing bus bar per CSA specs and standards for clearances, bracing and ampacity requirements.
- You will inspect and verify incoming parts against paperwork or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged parts.
- You will clean unit and prepare for test and perform in-process inspections as required.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- You will maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal materials replenishment system.
- You will be working with Site Managers, develop, schedule and plan capacity to ensure production plan is strongly supported.
- You will assist team in achieving plant and department goals and work with CSA and UL code and company quality requirements.
- You will work to standard operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
- You will maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
- You will Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with Eaton values.
- You will perform other duties as required.
- You will develop computer programs for new parts.
- Must have a High School Diploma/Grade 12 from an accredited institution.
- Minimum Two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum Two years’ mechanical assembly experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Lachine, QC will be considered
- Reading, comprehension and mathematical skills and basic computer skills.
- Effective communication / interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates continuous learning through cross training, learning new skills, refreshing prior skills.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to perform standard work procedures and processes.
- Experience in the assembly or repair of product preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of utilizing mechanical tools and measuring equipment required for assembly.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No