Eaton’s Power Quality business division is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join their team. This position will be based out of our Raleigh, NC office. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Electrical Engineer is a member of our engineering team and is responsible for supporting the deployment of mission critical systems through their entire life cycle. The Engineer will continuously improve a product line's performance, reliability, quality, safety, and life cycle costs. Eaton's Power Quality business offers a full portfolio of backup power and surge protection. Our products and services "power the internet", by ensuring data centers large and small are always available, protecting their operations from electrical power disturbances.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will monitor production test results and field performance data. Identify opportunities for quality improvements and value engineering.
- You will troubleshoot recurring functional issues preventing a product line from achieving stated quality goals and identify root cause through engineering analysis and bench testing.
- You will propose projects that improve a product line's performance, reliability, quality, safety, and life cycle costs.
- You will seek broad technical input, defines feasibility and executes their implementation.
- You will process engineering change notices and ensure technical criteria are met and engineering change documentation is complete.
- You will learn the technical details of product operation and increasingly contributes to product line enhancements.
- You will disseminate learning's to others, in the spirit of continuous improvement benefiting the wider organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited educational institution.
- Some exposure to electrical/electronic product development or product sustaining engineering.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Two years of experience with electrical/electronic product development or product sustaining engineering.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- Exposure to product life cycle management systems, engineering change order systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical schematic capture and 2D drafting tools.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production processes, safety agency standards, closed-loop corrective action process.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet schedules and service level agreements.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Effectively networks with others. Actively helps others by bringing technical knowledge and critical thinking skills to production line and production test teams. Actively seeks input from others.
- Comfortable using hand tools and electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/electronic assemblies down to the circuit board level.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time