Senior Electrical Engineer
You will monitor field performance data. Identifies opportunities for quality improvements and value engineering. Executes top tier support for system issues escalated from service field operations.
You will troubleshoot recurring functional issues affecting equipment's field performance. Complete root cause through engineering analysis and bench testing.
You will provide technical guidance and support for application engineers, sales engineers, and service engineers. Presents product capabilities and performance to technical-savvy customers.
You will propose projects that improve a product line's performance, reliability, quality, safety, and life cycle costs. Seeks broad technical input, determines feasibility and manage their implementation.
You will drive quick-turn projects supporting special applications and market opportunities.
You will learn the technical details of product operation and increasingly contributes to product line enhancements. Disseminates learnings to others, in the spirit of continuous improvement benefitting the wider organization. Provides Voice of the Customer for new product development activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in power systems or data center power.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis now and in the future.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands the market drivers of our competitive industry and is able to summarize that information to the rest of the organization and drive future products and services to meet those market drivers
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage. Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet schedules and service level agreements. Ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Effectively networks with others. Actively helps others by bringing technical knowledge and critical thinking skills to other teams. Actively seeks input from others.
- Passion to learn new things and continuing to develop professional skills with aims to progress through Eaton's multiple career options.
- Exhibits Eaton’s brand attributes to external and internal customers, the applicant will be the face of Eaton to high profile customers
- Understands the performance and capabilities of Eaton’s three-phase UPS and power distribution products. Applicants should know what a static UPS is, how they work and the general failure modes of a UPS.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Ability to understand and review C/C++ code in order to facilitate diagnosis of field events and issues
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts
- Exposure to product life cycle management systems, engineering change order systems.
- Three-phase UPS or power distribution design experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only