Product Specialist, Marketing
Eaton’s Engineering Systems and Services group is hiring for a Product Specialist in our Marketing group. This position will be out of our Burlington, CA location.
The Product Specialist, Marketing, will be responsible for providing support to Eaton product management and sales staff in pre-sales through post-sales capacity. Specific tasks include: technical advice and guidance to Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing Operations, product enhancements, product maintenance, product pricing and quotations as required, and support/ promotion of marketing programs and initiatives. The Product Specialist will also evaluate, design and implement assigned product development projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide timely and comprehensive Technical and Commercial support for LV, AF Drives.
- You will coordinate with Eaton US, Eaton Canada Satellite Plants, Central Engineering and the Pricing Group (BidMan) to ensure we have a complete, Enclosed Drive Offering that is fully supported in Canada.
- You will create and maintain standard pricing tools and associated discount schedules for AF Drives within the Eaton Pricing System and BidManager.
- You will assist in providing training and development of training materials for internal and external customers.
- You will lead continuous improvement activities, including project management initiatives, to improve the deployment of marketing tools, deploy standardized processes and strategy for new/existing product development/designs.
- You will drive continual price realization, while achieving market share and profitability objectives for the product line.
- You will work effectively with our internal sales organization and external customers to provide timely and comprehensive quotations while employing value creation strategies to maximize profit margins.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical industry either in technical support, product specialist, sales or customer service role.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within a 200 km range from the work location, Eaton doesn't offer relocation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with program management, quality manufacturing and production.
- PE License.
- Prior Marketing and/or sales experience with electrical products.
- Bilingual in French.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time