Electrician - 2nd shift
- You will perform installation and repair of automatic controls and switches, on all types of equipment including timer panels, numerical control panels, and electromechanical panels.
- You will perform minor repairs to printed circuit boards and electric motors, except rewinding.
- You will perform Logics 5000 edits on PLC’s.
- You will repair, disassemble or replace electrical equipment such as plugs, switches, outlets, controls, ballasts, motors using hand tools, testing equipment and service manuals.
- You will test installation to verify and insure continuity, compatibility and safety of electrical work performed using ohmmeter, amp meter, voltmeter, oscilloscope, or other testing device as necessary.
- You will complete and perform asbestos removal, repair duties and identify asbestos hazards defined in the OSHA Regulations 325.51301 and 325.51302 of the Michigan Administration Code. You will complete the annual training and examinations in the classification of “Class III Asbestos Work” and “Competent Person” per Michigan Occupational Health Standards.
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- High school diploma /GED from and accredited institution
- Must have a Journeyman Electrician card certified by the Department of Labor.
- Must have State Issued Electrician License
- May create and/or work from wiring diagrams, blueprints or sketches
- Uses metal joining and burning equipment (weld, braze, solder).
- Uses drill press, hand and stationary power tools, grinding equipment, threading equipment, precision levels, and standard hand tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance utilizing equipment such as grease guns, meters, and other test equipment, which might be required for adjustments to equipment.
- Drives powered industrial truck, forklift, and man-lift.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only