Lead VA/VE Engineer
Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is hiring a Lead VA/VE Engineer. The Lead VA/VE Engineer will be based from our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to act as the ICD site lead for Value Add Value Engineering (VA/VE) initiatives. Leadership of the VA/VE program will include directing events, managing the ideation pipeline, managing projects, removing roadblocks for others, and holding the team accountable for milestone commitments on cost out goals. This position will report locally with functional oversight by the ICD VA/VE team in Menomonee Falls, WI.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will provide influential leadership for all ICD site VA/VE related activities. Personally oversee top priority cost out projects. Continually work to remove roadblocks for other project owners. Hold team(s) accountable for progress against established milestones.
· You will develop a strong understanding of ICD Fayetteville’s products, process, systems, and customer base.
· You will contribute to and diligently maintain an ongoing pipeline of VA/VE projects for the site.
· You will guide cross-functional VA/VE events to identify actionable improvements to design, material selection, or manufacturing methods. Complete benefit-effort analysis to evaluate opportunities.
· You will personally manage priority cost out projects, including working hands-on with applications engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, finance, quality, sales/marketing, and manufacturing to overcome roadblocks and complete due diligence.
· You will review work for potential design or process changes, navigate the financial analysis, customer or market acceptance, technical feasibility, implementation plans, and resource constraints in order to evaluate and successfully implement the change.
· You will work in coordination with marketing and engineering, identify competing products and guide initiatives to gain insight on cost opportunities which may be applied to Eaton products.
· You will proactively reach out to peers at other sites to benchmark and identify new opportunities.
· You will meet frequently with ICD VA/VE functional leadership for insight and feedback.
· You will work with finance to validate savings and to ensure committed project results are delivered.
· You will report out in operational reviews updating management on projects and on the overall cost out program. Provide metrics demonstrating progress, verbalize strategies, share roadblocks, and incorporate feedback in order to advance the overall program.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or industrial technology from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
Position Success Criteria:
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Leadership ability
· Discipline and execution
· Technical ability to manage and drive projects.
· Demonstrated ability to interface with various functions to achieve VAVE cost and/or productivity improvements.
· Development of a strong practical understanding of engineered to order manufacturing will be fundamental to the position.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as material management, electromechanical assembly, electrical testing, cost accounting, quality processes and procedures, engineering documentation, and manufacturing engineering.
· Confidence working with senior plant and functional leaders throughout the organization.
· Proficiency with many application software packages such MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, CAD design and statistical analysis is required.
· Good Communication, presentation, interpersonal and professional presence with internal/external customers and suppliers.
· Must achieve results through others not directly in reporting structure.
· Ability to train others on VAVE concepts and lead cross-functional events in a group setting.
· Must be a self-starter and able to successfully work independently.
· PMP Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time