Codes and Standards Specialist
Eaton’s Residential & Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Codes and Standards Specialist to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
- You will represent Eaton at product specific UL standard committees
- You will coordinate with other Eaton divisions on standard changes and proposals utilizing C&S Steering Committee tools
- You will support code adoption process at the state and local level to ensure the NEC is adopted as written without amendments
- You will manage marketing communications, publications, articles and white papers establishing Eaton position on technology and regulatory issues
- You will stay current with emerging technology and regulatory trends and update product/marketing teams for potential new product opportunities or product updates
- You will develop training materials, marketing presentations and present
- You will support Codes and Standards Manager with industry relationships as required
- You will adhere to safety policies and identifies safety issues aligned with MESH requirements
- You will support national/regional industry events/tradeshows as pertinent and needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical marketing/sales, product/project management, or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, sales, marketing or technical degree from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in Business from an accredited institution
- Experience in the electrical industry and/or the construction industry
- Experience with developing third party product standards
- Industry membership in electrical industry associations
- Experience with electrical building codes- NEC, ICC-IRC
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Technical understanding of electrical equipment and application
- Understanding of building and electrical code development process and implementation
- Product development and certification knowledge
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Aptitude for supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking experience.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment and independently
- Ability to travel on short notice to support Codes and Standards activities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time