Eaton’s Life Safety and Mass Notification Solutions Division located in Long Branch, NJ has an opening for a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager will be responsible to formulate, implement and administer Eaton’s Quality Management System (EQMS) and strategic initiatives to achieve short and long range quality improvement objectives. Driving focus will be on the reduction of warranty and customer concerns along with improving internal quality performance and driving continuous improvement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will manage the quality function and direct reports to meet plant quality objectives and drive the quality culture with the leadership team
- You will lead the timely response to customer concerns
- You will deploy “I own Quality” culture to reduce internal and external DPPM
- You will lead cross-functional teams to effectively introduce New Products to full production.
- You will understand and adhere to EQMS to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements
- You will review daily in-process metrics to determine team priorities
- You will deploy 5S and foster/expand 5S culture
- You will interact with divisional resources to improve product quality
- You will develop internal product validation methods to ensure process quality consistency
- You will drive employee engagement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices
- You will lead the quality team utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in manufacturing or quality
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Long Branch, NJ.
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Engineering or technical degree
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- Certification by the American Society for Quality as Six Sigma Black Belt or Certified Quality Engineer
- Thorough understanding of ISO9001
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time