Eaton Critical Power Solutions has an opening for a:
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton Critical Power Solutions (CPS) organization is responsible for meeting our customers’ UPS needs around the world. If you are passionate about solving problems and working in international environment, the CPS Application Engineering team is looking for you! We have now 2 open Application Engineer positions - one to support industrial and marine UPS customers globally and another to support Large and Special Systems customers at EMEA.
The primary function of both Application Engineer roles is supporting Eaton’s internal country sales organizations with technical and commercial requests and acting as a bridge between (internal) customers and the factory. The key areas of focus are analyzing customer requirements, making quotations and designing UPS solutions together with R&D and the production floor. You will also act as a technical expert for customer witness tests and demonstrations.
We are looking for candidates who wants to work in a changing environment, acts quickly and is capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. You have a customer oriented mindset and excellent communication and presentation skills. You will be working in close collaboration with different stakeholders (R&D, Product Marketing, Production, Sales, Customers and Suppliers).
· Support sales organization in Large, Special and Industrial/Marine Systems UPS solutions
· Reviews specifications in the tender phase and create possible deviation lists and solutions together with R&D, Product Manager, Business Development Manager, Application Engineers
· Prepare quotations and documentation based on the quotation requests
· Advice sales offices in pre-sales commercial and technical questions
· Act as a host and technical expert during Factory Acceptance Tests and customer demos as needed and create report of the tests
· Participate to various customer events/visits as a UPS product applications expert
· Support internal organizations as a product specialist
Qualifications and Knowledge:
· Experience in Electrical and/or Electronic industry
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and working with tight deadlines
· An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization in an international environment
· An ability to tolerate uncertainty and rapid changes
· A strong customer orientation and a focus on problem solving
· Good skills with Microsoft Office tools and some experience with CAD tools (knowledge of Visual Basic/Access is an advantage)
· Ability to create technical drawings according to industry standards
· Experience with power electronics and/or electrical systems (Experience with UPS's is an advantage)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Fluency in English and basics in Finnish language is mandatory (Other language skills are an advantage)
· Ability to travel (up to 10%)
If you are a talented, innovative and motivated individual, Eaton can give you the challenge that you are looking for. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with the best UPS experts in Finland and customers who are among the largest companies in the world. Our engineering challenges are sure to keep things interesting. Please submit your application through the Eaton recruitment portal if you would like to join our team.
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time