Lead Analyst Indirect Tax
- Analyses legislative updates for impact on Eaton in India and provides regular and timely guidance to businesses as well as VAT CoE in Pune with specific actions in order to remain compliance with Indirect tax requirements in India
- Works closely with VAT CoE for centralization and automation of India GST compliance including but not limited to periodic GST reporting, export GST refunds for multiple business ledgers in India
- Oversees ERP system configuration and integrity to ensure accurate application of GST on sales and purchase transactions and to safeguard accurate GST reporting, e.g. maintains tax code tables, approves the use of tax codes for new suppliers and customers, performs periodic reviews of master records, working with IT community deploys efficient VAT reports, participates in new system implementations etc
- Working with various functional stakeholders, deploys and oversees adherence to Eaton VAT standards and policies to safeguard VAT compliance for multiple business ledgers in various jurisdictions. Where desired, deploys process improvements and standardization initiatives.
- Ensures GST-compliant retention of documents (sales and purchase invoices, transportation documents, customs documentation etc), where needed liaises with freight forwarders to agree and deploy appropriate documentation workflows.
- Maintains updated process manuals, checklists and deadline listings. Supports creation, rollout and maintenance of India GST e-learnings courses
- Seeks opportunities to optimize cash flow tied up in Indirect taxes.
- Identifies need for incremental GST registrations, takes pro-active approach on all aspects of GST compliance.
- Communicates effectively with tax authorities in India for audits, assessments and inquiries. Co-ordinates with all stakeholders to collate required information/ documentation to respond to queries raised by GST authorities and to manage disputes with authorities. Works closely with businesses to support and close GST audits/ assessments, excise audits for prior period as well as pending VAT assessments and appeals
- Contributes in global tax/ finance/ IT projects with efficient and accurate input from India Indirect tax perspective
- Maintains positive and constructive relationship with all stakeholders including IT, Manufacturing, Logistics, Order Fulfillment, Legal, Finance, and Direct Tax. Provides training to financial and non-financial functions on indirect tax requirements to be complied with.
- Is a qualified Chartered Accountant
- Has financial, legal or tax background with significant exposure to indirect tax compliance and/or accounting
- Has post-graduate professional experience of India Indirect taxes for at least 6-10 years
- Competent in accounting and Indirect tax matters and able to perform a range of concurrent projects
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to communicate with internal as well as external stakeholders effectively Including tax authorities, good English drafting skills
- Ability to operate and deliver independently without day-to-day supervision
- Comfortable with MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Eager to work in a dynamic and complex organization characterized by matrix relations
- Ambitious and ready to grow within the company
- Prepared to travel 10% of his/her time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time