Software Developer /Développeur Logiciel – Grid Automation
Eaton's Energy Automation Solutions division is looking for a Software Developer. This position is based in our office in Montreal, QC.
As a recognized employer of choice, Eaton Corporation recruits and retains talented employees committed to long-term engagement with an organization that continually invests in the latest technologies and equipment, as well as in its employees. Eaton's Energy Automation Solutions Group has a Web Developer position to be filled immediately. This position is located in Montreal (QC). Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) offers intelligent energy solutions by combining electrical network expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers produce, deliver and manage energy safely, efficiently and reliably. The EAS Group offers a range of solutions in energy supply and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response designed to increase efficiency and smart business. The EAS Group serves customers in the utilities, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. In a spirit of innovation that spans decades, the EAS Group is proud of its pioneering innovations achieved through collaboration with customers, a longstanding commitment to R&D investment, five Centers of innovation in the world, to more than 10,000 patents held worldwide and to its award-winning solutions for energy supply, energy quality, energy reliability and automation of end-customers in public services. The technical resources, innovative thinking and unwavering dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest assets.
We are looking for a motivated professional with strong software development skills, a good understanding of software architecture, communication technologies, and good team communication skills. The primary responsibility of the senior software engineer will be developing control software applications on Windows platform. Success in this position requires the ability to work efficiently in multi-site teams, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes.
- Functional and organic design of client/server applications.
- Design of optimal user experience.
- Implementation of design, supported by unit testing.
- Review of the design and code of his peers.
- Maintenance and debugging.
- Technical support to the support team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in application development.
- Strong experience in C++ development.
- Experience in object-oriented development.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 80km- radius of Montreal.
- Experience in C programming.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) and Visual Basic
- Knowledge of secure coding techniques.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge in Software architecture for embedded solutions.
- Knowledge of the Visual Studio development environment with Team Foundation.
- Knowledge of the electrical domain.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time