- You will be involved with product teams throughout the design and development phases and contribute to ensure ‘security by design’ in all new products
- You will collaborate with product teams to ensure that new products implement ‘secure by design’ approach
- You will perform vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on Eaton products using automated and manual techniques.
- You will work closely with multiple Eaton teams (security compliance, legal) and external teams (ICS-CERT) to identify, test and address vulnerabilities in Eaton products in a timely manner by providing recommendation to product teams and preparing analysis reports for management
- You will respond to queries and request for product security information and reports from both internal and external customers.
- You will provide product recommendations of security packages to product teams; reviewing vendor products and making recommendations as appropriate.
- You will provide technical trainings on security to product teams in Eaton.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Security, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools like Kali Linux, Nessus, IBM AppScan, BurpSuite, IDAPro is required
- Minimum 1 year of hands on experience in the design and implementation of software/firmware systems is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience with programming techniques involved in secure software development (e.g. safe protocol parsing, defensive programming etc.) is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in embedded systems protocols (IEC 61850, CAN, DNP3, Modbus, Wireless HART) is required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Security, Computer Engineering
- Experience in all phases of Secure Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of the unique security challenges in one or more of: Industrial Automation and Control Systems, Intelligent Vehicles, Aerospace industry
- Interest and experience in all aspects of computer and network security such as cryptography, access controls, hardware security
- Industry certifications such as, Ethical Hacker, CSSLP, CCSK desirable
- Experience using static and/or dynamic code analysis tool is desirable
- Ability to influence and work with various technical leads in different organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Ability to foster collaboration across global development teams.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time