Engineer Supplier Development
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as sheet metal, plastic molding, rubber ,fasteners and electrical parts etc.
- Hands on experience of development and inspection of parts and testing
- Lead projects in team and act as SPOC for multiple sites or customers.
- Identifications & Implementation of Improvement, Kaizen & Pokayoke at suppliers end.
- Monitor & communicate suppliers DPPM and reduction in defect occurrences.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve supplier technical and/or system issues related to product or process realization.
- Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective Actions and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and eliminated , hands on experience of using Problem solving tools such as 8D.
- Knowledge of APQP process .
- Work as a co- coordinator between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
- On time closure of customer complaints with effective review of 8D reports.
- Understand customer requirement and quick turnaround time on adhoc requests.
- Deployment of processes without any deviation.
- Ensures adherence of inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Evaluate PPAP packages according to AIAG standards , deep knowledge of PPAP approval process.
- Experience in preparing or supporting ISO 9000 docs.
- Assist in supplier development activities to improve in quality performance improvements.
BE in (Mechanical , Production, Electrical, Electronics & Industrial Engineering ) with 6-8 years’ experience in, Manufacturing / or Process Engineering ,Supplier Development Engineering (Manufacturing experience)
2.Good communication skills - Must speak and write English fluently.
3..Experience in working with global customers , suppliers.
4.8D review ,PPAP evaluation or preparation knowledge.
5.Working knowledge of statistical tools including SPC, Gauge R&R and capability analysis.
6. Quick response to deadlines.
7.Good collaboration skill.
8.Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and project management skills and applications
9.Flexible to work in 2nd shift/Evening shift
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only