Senior Manager, Writing & Executive Communications
Eaton is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Writing and Executive Communications, to join our Corporate Communications team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio, facility.
The Senior Manager, Writing and Executive Communications will be a talented writer who can help our executives motivate and inspire different audiences through the written and spoken word. This position will be responsible for ghost writing executive communications for C-Level and other executives, and will report to the vice president, Corporate Communications. The person filling the role should be passionate about writing and making the world a better place. The successful candidate will conduct research and interview subject matter experts to craft compelling and impactful communications from Eaton executives. Projects will include letter writing, speech writing, video scripts, emails, social media posts, and ghostwriting blogs, and other stakeholder communications. The role is a key member of the Corporate Communications team and a valued business partner.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will research and develop key themes and narratives for C-Level and other top executives.
- You will write smart, well thought-out compelling content for employee communications including letters, speeches, video scripts, emails, quotes, blogs, etc.
- You will create content that excites and engages the reader, is relevant and plain spoken and does not include corporate jargon.
- You will educate, coach and train communicators across the organization on effective writing, content creation, and leveraging tools and resources.
- You will create a bench of strong external writing talent – to engage as needed. Effectively manage these relationships, evaluate vendors and negotiate contracts to meet profit plan and provide cost out when possible.
- You will stay on top of market drivers and current trends to ensure communication has context.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience writing or in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications, Public Relations or Public Affairs role with demonstrated experience in executive communications coaching, and speech writing
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with executive ghostwriting: letters, videos, scripts, speeches, blogs
- Minimum 6 years’ experience writing & interacting with senior executives
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills
- Ability to convert complex information into compelling content
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team
- High energy and enthusiasm to pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function
- Competence in project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time