Engineer - Structural Solutions
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop B Line series products to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirements.
- Lead / Support new product development (NPD), value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) and sustaining engineering (SE) through the execution of these programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives.
- Executes complex engineering projects/programs, involving product design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies or research investigations using appropriate tools and
techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc
- Create CAD drawings , 3D models , Assemblies etc and ensure release in PLM / ERP system per project plan.
- Drive innovation from ideation through to execution, in doing so, add value to the product and improve or maintain current functionality, performance, installation time, customer satisfaction levels and durability requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with other functions at global level. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm, communication , articulation and presentation skills and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
- Resolve technical issues and road blocks impacting assigned projects by taking quick and timely decisions which are well supported by design calculations , engineering analysis and prediction methodology.
- Creates and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design
methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
- Preparation and maintenance of Project Plans and ensure project execution per project plan.
- Actively participate in project / program / Design / Drawing reviews and technical reviews and ensure the quality design output from the projects.
- Actively participate in events like solution blitz, design bursts , Innovation summit , product brainstorming etc and drive the solution to implementation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-6 years of experience or Masters in Design with 1-3 years’ experience.
Demonstrated capability in design of Sheet metal Components / Parts / Assemblies.
Candidates with experience of working on Cable Tray, Enclosures and cabinets, Safety gratings , Data center racks , Industrial structural support parts like Struts and related accessories and fabricated parts / assemblies etc. will be preferred.
Candidates with sound knowledge of Solidworks software and SAP PLM&ERP will be preferred.
Should be strong in fundamental mechanical design / technical knowledge with excellent Communication, presentation and articulation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time