Business Strategy Manager
- Drive strategic thinking and help influence business decisions around strategic planning and organic/inorganic opportunities for growth
- Builds consensus among sector and operational teams; present recommendations to senior executives (with strong communication skills)
- Perform in-depth market, competitive, and financial analysis and understanding of legal and governmental compliance issues.
- Prepares business cases including strategic, financial and market analysis for merger, acquisition, divestiture, and alliance activity.
- Assists Industrial Sector BD VP in training Industrial Sector business development personnel as well as Business Group (AER, VG, and HYD) business development personnel
- Leads or participates in Industrial Sector projects as necessary, with the ability to deal with time sensitive deliverables.
- Investigates and targets potential acquisitions, joint ventures and alliances.
- Develop analysis tools and methodologies to support M&A activity
- Support CD&P in base case and synergy case analysis
- Function as liaison with divisional operations and support personnel. Develop and nurture collaborative relationships with executives and other managers responsible for business development. Consistently demonstrate managerial courage in defending a position and handling conflict.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, product management, marketing, finance, or strategic planning.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Previous professional experience working in Corporate Development, Investment Banking (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Citi, etc.), Consulting (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte, Booz, etc.) or Private Equity a plus
- Strong time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Effective leading both junior and senior-level groups
- Ability to quickly assess acquisitions and other investments, and communicate the key strategic value elements areas of synergy, key risks and value detractors
- Professional presence to be able to communicate and operate comfortably and efficiently with senior executives
- Very strong communications skills…written, verbal and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to influence business/operational leaders in a matrixed organization
- Ability to work with multiple customers and manage senior executive expectations / priorities.
- Flexibility to anticipate and react to changes; ability to deal with ambiguity
- Desktop Analytics (Excel skills are a necessity)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience within a global manufacturing company an advantage
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience beneficial
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Development Planning
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time