Operational Excellence Project Manager
- You will manage the implementation of 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work and support the application of lean techniques such as material flow, work standardization, and visual controls to achieve plant goals
- You will plan, lead, and participate in training, Kaizen, and ongoing activities with primary responsibilities in efficiency improvement, error proofing, scrap reduction, and variability reduction in machining processes.
- You will track and drive results and improvements. Verify improvements are sustained and ownership is transferred to immediate process owners.
- You will lead ELSS team activities and other cross-functional task forces. Conduct regular internal ELSS assessments and develop tactical plans to improve the operations
- You will plan and lead manufacturing process improvements, Business Process Improvement (BPI) activities and other Lean initiatives to optimize performance and drive short-term and long-term business improvements while also driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- You will lead and participate in cross-functional teams throughout the business.
- You will participate in plant safety programs in order to maintain and improve current safety initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Green Belt Certification
- Strong influencing, negotiation, coaching, consulting and change management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the Six Sigma tools and process improvement techniques, including Lean and other improvement/problem solving tools, such as 8-D, Kaizen, VSM, 5S, Standard Work, Set Up Reduction, SPC, JIT, etc.
- Knowledge of Aerospace industry, complex machined materials management, lean manufacturing, MRP/ERP, and MFGPro.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning/project management skills
- Bias for action/ability to get results, self-starter and good decision making skills
- Leads change within the organization
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities for improvement that have measurable impact
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Capable to Develop Value Stream Maps and Business Case Analyses.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time