- You will manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality, delivery and lowest cost in accordance with Divisional, Operational and Corporate policies and objectives.
- You will develop, coordinate, and manage on-going supplier relationships with key suppliers.
- Locate and select new and alternate sources of supply to meet the production requirements of the plant.
- You will maintain continuing knowledge and an understanding of the company’s outside supplier product demands and production scheduling techniques to support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines.
- You will prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc.
- You will award and administer purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- You will prepare data and reports as required pertaining to on-time delivery, supplier performance, usage/spend, and shortages.
- You will recommend continuous improvement in cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- You will analyze material requirements and inventory in order to maintain on-time delivery and targeted inventory levels.
- You will resolve problem situations related to selection of source, price, deliveries, specifications, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain is required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Five (5)+ years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MRP (Material Requirement Planning) systems
- APICS/CPIM certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interface with all levels within the organization
- Intermediate to advanced operational level for Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of computerized inventory systems, scheduling techniques, general manufacturing, and ability to interpret drawings and prints.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time