Global SCM Process Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Global SCM Process Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY location.
This position is responsible to lead the process to establish Supplier Development processes and tools to evaluate, select, manage and develop Eaton CH’s global supply base. The processes should support specific goals within business critical areas of Customer Service, Productivity, VA/VE and New Product Introduction.
The incumbent will lead and Develop our Shared Services team to build a world class procurement process. They will Lead the implementation of best in class Supplier Development tools and processes for the organization, globally; and in coordination with Eaton Strategic Sourcing’s supplier development initiatives including: Supplier Assessment, Should Cost/Total Cost Models, Supplier Scorecards and Supplier Risk Assessment.
This role works with suppliers and Eaton CH teams to increase value, quality, delivery performance and technology solutions to the business; shared metrics include improvements to inventory turns, Eaton CH product lead-times, YOY Productivity support, and supplier delivery and quality performance.
The incumbent will integrate best practices in support of Eaton CH’s world-wide New Product Introduction Process; such as early supplier involvement within ProLaunch, supplier technology road mapping, and leveraging critical component risk management matrix within development cycle to delivery supplier performance to plan.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Five years of experience in manufacturing operations or business/finance equilavent
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now and in the future
· Relocation is available for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, business, accounting or engineering from an accredited educational institution preferred
- MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management or Engineering Management
- Seven years of experience in manufacturing operations, preferably in purchasing/materials or related function.
- Structured negotiation experience including contract negotiation
- SAP proficiency – RFQ and Quantity Contracts
Position Success Criteria:
- The incumbent must possess effective communication skills
- The incumbent must be cognizant and follow safety and environmental procedures when interacting with suppliers
- High level of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint as well as SAP
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time